Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hello March | Recently


February! What a month! It's been exciting for me, so prepare yourself for lots of "awesome", "really great", "cool" and words like that. Let's recap!

I did field work up north, and I drove up there and back with the two other students who were volunteering. They had loads of stories to tell and answered my questions, as did everyone else who was staying out in the hut, and treated me as an equal to them (this starts happening when you stop saying "high school", and start saying "uni"). It was really cool to see science in action, and get to release some bats.


It was my best friends 18th birthday, so we went out for dinner which was cool, then on the weekend we went clubbing, which was an absolute blast. Horse of the Year is in March, so my best friend and I are going to do a weekend road trip up there - we went for the first time last year and swore to return, because it was a great time.

Do you ever stumble across new music - you're not sure how you got to it, but you don't care because it's so good? Such was my obsession with Albin Lee Meldau and Dan Owen in February. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if their music had replaced the blood in my veins. I'm always looking for new, interesting music, so hit me up with any suggestions!


University has started and so far it has been awesome. I've meet so many cool people and I'm starting to learn about things I'm interested in. It's so different from high school, which has made me realise how much high school rips you apart, without you even noticing. Uni is a new start for everyone, loads of people don't come with friends. I've gotten used to looking for someone interesting and introducing myself to them.

While I was up north, I was without internet, and I pretty much read a book each day, much to the entertainment of my fellow volunteers. I couldn't finish Milk & Honey, which I really wanted to like. Gemina, A Million Worlds With You and How To Save A Life were really good.



February has been so full of friends leaving for uni, seeing old friends, meeting new friends, collecting textbooks and study guides, laughter, timetables and cementing my place in the world. It's been exhausting, but also incredibly rewarding. Bring on March!

What did you get up to in February? An exhausting or relaxing month? What music are you listening to? What books did you read? How's school/uni/college? Do you like meeting new people? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal out!

12 comments:

  1. I WANNA JOIN JN ON ALL THIS FUN! The music thing is so true, I often find albums and don't understand how I wasn't listening to them before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a LOT of books you read! Sounds like February was pretty awesome for you! Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a beautiful February :)

    Im glad you're enjoying university. it really is a great time to get a fresh start. I cant wait until I officially move out in the fall so I can get the real university experience.

    happy March <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was :)

      That sounds really cool!!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've had such a great month! I hope March is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're having a blast! Sounds like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good February! I can't wait until I start uni and finish high school. The end is nigh... :)

    ReplyDelete