Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hello June | Recently

I've been run off my feet during May, not going to lie. If I wasn't studying or seeing friends, I was laying on my bed doing nothing. 

There's been lots of things going on, some of them probably seem small and stupid. But it's these small things that start to get to you as time goes on. Overall, I am becoming disillusioned with life all over again, which sucks.  

Uni is lovely, don't get me wrong. But I only like one of the papers I'm in (linear algebra), and some of my papers are terribly done. There's been drama in my friend group, and University during May felt like high school all over again. 

Going to uni day after day doesn't make you feel like anything is happening with your life. I've thinking about how I'm going to do this for four years to get a piece of paper. During those four years I'm going to have little time to cause any real change in anyones life. It's a little depressing, to be honest. But break approches, and I'm going to have the time to sit down, think, and do things I like doing. 


In other news, I sat lot's of tests and exams in May, which was as stressful as it sounds. I've also been running or going to the gym with a friend several times a week. It's been really good for me to run with someone, because I just run until I'm exhausted, but having someone else there balances that out. On top of that, I've been looking for a new church with another friend. 

I did get a little bit of writing done in May, which was nice, and I read A Court of Wings and Ruin (!!!). I deleted some social media accounts, including Twitter, which feels great. I honestly don't know where I'm going with blogging, if anywhere at all. I don't have the time during semester to blog once a week, so I'll have to think on that. 

Anyways, tell me about you! What's been happening? How was May? Are you heading into Winter or Summer? What have you been reading? What music are you listening to? What cool stuff is going on? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal wrote this while procrastinating (no surprises there, tbh).  

11 comments:

  1. You deleted TWITTER? That explains things...

    Aw, it's sad that things haven't been going on so well but I'm glad that you have managed to be productive!

    It's still summer over here but it's Ireland so it's not hot :( At least it isn't too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! Mistake?? I don't know, guess we'll find out!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Awww, I'm sorry uni hasn't been working out for you. :/ At least you're on break now! I've also been doing more physical activity lately; for me, it's biking. I hope things pick up when you return to uni.

    As for reading, this month was quite slumpy. I didn't read too many books, and I didn't like too many of the books I read. But I did discover a new favorite series! In terms of music, I recently discovered The Script. I've had their album #3 on repeat non-stop. :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I been, it's working, but it's not. It's confusing haha.

      Biking! I've never really got why people do it, but if you like it that's awesome!

      Ooooh I don't really know much of The Script. Clearly gotta give them a listen!

      Delete
  3. RUNNING AND THE GYM!!! me too! If you need new workouts email me- i would LOVE to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it sounds like you've had a bit of a sad May, but persistence is a good thing. Also, are you doing a degree with honours? Anyway, in May I graduated from highschool and survived quite a few exams and it was pretty okay and I"m not gonna miss high school much and now I have to decide what to do with my life. But I'm looking forward to a few months of hiking and travelling and getting things done and making decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanti! That means a lot :)

      I have no idea??! I have to do a masters afterwards as well.

      Yay!!!!! I hope that feels good! Are you planning on heading to uni?? Sounds like you have a good few months planned.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry school is being difficult, especially with your friend group drama and so forth. It can be hard to operate when things are out of balance like that! Still, I hope that you find more of your passions and interests in school. :) Best of luck as you continue your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the drama. Hope everything gets restored to equilibrium school. :) I'm happy you're still blogging but I understand how busy you can be! In other news, how did you find A Court of Wings and Ruin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, uni is so exhausting, isn't it? I'm sorry about your friendship dramas but I'm glad you're enjoying at least one of your classes :)

    ReplyDelete